Harborlite Perlite Filter Aid
Harborlite Perlite is a filter media of high porosity that is manufactured from perlite ore, which is an igneous mineral. When a particle of perlite ore is heated to approximately 2400°F the aluminum silicate becomes a molten liquid glass that expands explosively due to the intrinsic moisture present within the particle. The expanded perlite is then milled and separated into various grades.
When Harborlite perlite is applied to the filter septum it forms a low-density, highly porous filter cake that is ideal for separation in high solids applications and the maintenance of filter cake permeability through the bodyfeed (addition) of the media upstream of the filter press, filter housing or vessel.
The performance of your filtration equipment can be significantly affected by the media you choose and how often you clean your system.
Features & Benefits
- Perlite Media is low float perlite & maximizes filter performance
- Enhances element coating
- Maximizes oil removal
- Removes particles down to one micron in size
- Removes up to 99.9% of crypto in a single pass
- Achieves 25-30% longer filter cycles (according to current Defender® system operators)
The Advantages are Crystal Clear
Improves Filter Operation - Perlite filter media pre-coats fast and effectively.
Saves time - Perlite filter media backwashes quickly and completely, resulting in less time spent on filter cleaning.
ALL-NATURAL - Perlite filter media is all-natural and chemically inert.
Easy to handle - Perlite filter media is half the weight of traditional D.E. filter aids, making it easier to lift and carry.
Advantages of Perlite Over D.E.
Perlite is superior to D.E. in removing dirt and oil contaminants from swimming pools for the following reasons:
- Perlite's higher solids and oil holding capacity results in longer filtration cycles.
- Perlite's lower density allows for a uniform precoat thickness and deposition on element, resulting in quick and complete backwashing and filter aid regeneration.
• Improves filter efficiency
• Saves time
• Easy to handle
• Produced at the Harborlite facility in Quincy, Florida, is the only NSF Certified perlite swimming pool filter media
Please call for questions or technical assistance! 714-564-9100